Norton is a worldwide renowned cybersecurity provider that delivers hi-end security software and anti-viruses to protect from viruses and hackers. It silently runs in the background and scans every file you access and every website you visit. Error Management a key feature of its scanning generates a report of all the bugs that your Norton antivirus finds out. After generating, the specialized program submits that report to Symantec, which then initiates the further evaluation for the purpose of improvement.
Available as a part of certain Norton anti-viruses (that can be downloaded via norton.com/setup), error management is enabled, by default. However, if you don’t wish to send the error reports to Symantec, you have got the option to turn it off. To do so, follow these instructions:
- Double-click the Norton product that is installed on your device
- Hit Advanced
- Now, click Product Settings available in the left pane
- Slide the switch to the right to turn off Error Management
Norton Error Management also generates complete reports (Includes errors along with their further information such as operating system version, hardware info, data from the files and folders that are causing the error) of the bugs that occur in your installed Norton product. After generating the report, it then sends the detailed data report (DDR) to Symantec for additional analysis. You can also turn this option off by following the below-given instructions:
(Please note keeping the report submission option turned on, you will contribute to the effectiveness of your Norton product. It is similar to Norton Utilities that can be downloaded from norton.com/nu16 and boost up the performance of your device.)
- Open your Norton product and visit the main window
- Hit Advanced and then Product Settings
- These settings are available in the left pane
- Now click the Settings icon from the Error Management row
- Now, enable detailed data collection by checking the same checkbox and vice-versa
For more information on Norton Error Management and Norton my account, visit the support section at the official website of Norton.