Are you looking for the steps to add files and folders to backup set in Norton Security? Look for the same in this article below.
You can backup the files which Norton has automatically detects and placed it under the file categories. So, you can add files to the set of the files which needs to be backed up as well as exclude the files from back up.
Norton online security software allows you to select a file or folder from your PC which you wish to include in your backup list. The ‘add or exclude files or folders’ option on the ‘What’ tab in the ‘Manage Backup set’ window lets you add files or folders to the backup set.
With the option of right-clicking a file or folder as well as add the files to the backup set with the use of the Norton setup Security option on the ‘shortcut menu’.
- After configuring the backup, the ‘shortcut menu’ is available, when the ‘Manage backup sets the window’ and the ‘Restore window’ are closed.
- To add a file to the backup set, Norton lists down the information in the window which appears after you click ‘Add or exclude files and folders’ option, which lets you view all the files and folders that has been added on the backup list.
Note- To remove an addition from the list of items which are included or excluded from the backup is by simply using the ‘Remove’ from the list of options. And this option is available for the Windows after you click ‘Add or exclude files and folders’.
Check out the steps to add a files and folders to the backup set in Norton Security-
- Add files to the backup set
Follow the steps for adding files to the backup set-
- Visit Norton.com/setup link
- Double-click on the ‘backup’ option in the Norton main window.
- Click on the option ‘Backup Sets’.
- Select the option ‘Add or exclude files and folders’ on the ‘What’ tab.
- Select the option ‘Include file’ in the window that displays on the screen.
- In the file selection window which appears, navigate to the files which you want to add by clicking to ‘Select’ option.
- Click on the option ‘Open’.
- Select ‘Ok’.
- Click on the option ‘Save settings’ in the ‘Manage Backup sets’ window.
- Add folder to the backup set
Follow the steps for adding folder to the backup set-
- Go to Norton.com/Setup link
- In the Norton main window, double-click on the ‘Backup’ option.
- Select the ‘Backup Sets’ option.
- Click on the option ‘Add or exclude files and folders’ on the ‘What’ tab.
- In the pop-up window, select the option ‘Include Folder’.
- Navigate to the folder which you wanted to add, in the folder selection window that appears.
- Select the option ‘Ok’.
- Click ‘Ok’.
Select the option ‘Save settings’ in the ‘Manage Backup Sets’ window.